To find out how good is Affiliorama. I joined as a premium member to get some first-hand experiences. Here is my honest Affiliorama review after going through a lot of information and lessons on their website.
Website Name: Affiliorama.com
Business: Lessons and tools for Affiliate Marketing
Owner: Mark Ling
The first impression for me is the website is quite easy to navigate. Very easy to find the lessons I need to start learning. I started with “Introduction” and there are lessons on “Affiliate marketing for Beginners” and “How Does Affiliate Marketing Work?“
The lessons are quite good. But they have “How to Get Traffic to Your Website” under Introduction, isn’t it a bit too fast. Maybe they put the lesson in a wrong spot. I want to look at the lessons on building a website. “Step-by-step: Building a Basic Web Page” in a video lesson. In the video, they show you how to build a simple web page with Adobe Dreamweaver and HTML. This tutorial is totally out of date, no one is using HTML to build website anymore. This is a bit disappointing.
I looked around to see if I could find any instruction for WordPress (this is one of the most popular platforms for website building nowadays). I found it under “Marketing Ideas” section. The lesson is “Setting up a WordPress Blog“. They put the lesson in a wrong category again, are they? (Maybe they want you to buy their AffilioTheme for $97. It is basically a WordPress Theme. But you can find premium WordPress themes on the internet for around $70 with lots of different choices to suit your website or blog.)
It seems to me that they don’t want to give us all the lessons straight out, they want us to pay extra for it. If you want good lessons, you will have to pay for it. They have a product called AffiloBlueprint.
What is AffiloBlueprint?
Here is what they say it is.
- A system which actually works.
- A completely foolproof system.
- A proven and repeatable system.
- A future proof system.
- Lessons to tell you EXACTLY what to do.
- Lessons why will explain EVERYTHING.
- You will have fast progress.
- Within 60-day if you are not happy they will refund 100% of yourmoney.
According to their sales page, it is such a wonderful system, you will be successful after you finished with all the lessons. It will only cost you$197 and they will throw in a few bonuses – 1 month trial of Affilorama Premium, 1-year web hosting for 1 website and AffiloTheme.
I am really sceptical about this. They even said, “You don’t need any skills, knowledge or experience to make it work.” Sounds like a scam to me. I will keep my judgement now and let’s look further to see what else they have. Maybe I will find some gems.
They have another product called “AffiloJetpack”.
What is AffiloJetpack?
I am not going to list out all the details on it. It is basically pre-built websites, you can choose 5 niches from 18 available niches chosen by Mr. Mark Ling himself. All you have to do is tweet it a bit and it will generate traffic and sales for you. Therefore, you don’t need to know anything including website building.
There are training videos which will guide you all the way. All you have to do is pay $997. What do you think? Would it be what every beginner affiliate marketers are looking for? The holy grail?
I found some lessons on Clickbank affiliate marketing lessons. They have 7 lessons which teach you how to create and market digital products with Clickbank. (Digital product is a good way to start affiliate marketing.) The lessons are very long, but not content rich, and take a long time to describe a little. Discard this, I learned something which I don’t know about. They also have 2 lessons on
Facebook traffic generation, but the lessons are also out-dated. They have a blog section where some of their members posted some articles. The quality of the articles varies, some are good and some not.
They have a forum where you can ask questions and their staff or other members can answer your questions. I saw quite a few questions was posted three years ago. The contents are not fresh and it doesn’t look like anybody is really asking questions or engaging in the forum. It gave me a feeling of a deserted ghost town. You don’t get to interact with other members.
I don’t recommend anyone to join Affilorama for the following reasons.
- The monthly membership fee is $47, some of the lessons are out-dated, soit is not value for money. You can find better tutorials by searching on theinternet and cost you nothing.
- Too much upselling. The quality of the basic lessons are not good, andyou have to pay for all the extras. I didn’t join AffiloBlueprint and AffiloJetPack,so I cannot comment on how good they are. But seeing the quality of the other training, I don’t have any confidence, besides they cost so much. Also, they are too good to be true. How could you promise someone who knew nothing about affiliate marketing to learn everything and make money in a few months? I will let you be the judge of this.
- Forum and support are not very good.
- The training videos are not very intuitive, especially those on websitebuilding. Hence, it is not suitable for beginners who want to learn how to buildwebsites.
- There are some good information and lessons, but it seems to me that theyfocus more on selling to you than teaching you.
You want to learn how to make money the proper way, here is my #1 recommendation. It is free to join and there is no more product you need to buy. Click here to join Wealthy Affiliate
If you want to know more why I recommend Wealthy Affiliate, click here to read my Wealthy Affiliate Review.