How To Make Money With Twitter
Many people don’t understand the power of Twitter. There is more money to be made with Twitter than Facebook. I will show you how to make money with Twitter. Twitter is a much more user-friendly social platform where you can post your affiliate links freely with no problem. As for Facebook and Google+, they will give you a warning or even banned your account if you post too many links.
People use Twitter to promote their business, to find a job, to get a girlfriend and also to make money. It was launched in 2006 and now there are more than over 300 million users. They say you need to be good at marketing to make money on Twitter, but I will show you it is not necessary when you know how.
If you don’t know how to use Twitter or you have any question, you can go to https://support.twitter.com
6 Different Ways To Make Money On Twitter
- You use Twitter to drive traffic to your website.
- Use Twitter as a business tool to collect email address. Give discount and deals for Twitter only audience.
- Do affiliate marketing using Twitter and post affiliate links directly.
- Do Sponsored tweeting. Sign up to Sponsoredtweets.com and get pay to tweet.
- Sell you own service or products on Twitter, direct customers to your eBay or Amazon accounts.
- Use your Twitter account to promote local business and earn advertising fee.
Sponsored Tweets is an advertising program which pays you to tweet the ads for them. You get pay for each advertisement you tweet and also every click generated by those tweets. The more followers you have, the more money you will be able to make.
Doing sponsored tweets is the easiest way to make money with Twitter, for you don’t have to build a website or make your own product. You can also make money by referring others to sign up with them. To sign up, your Twitter account must be at least 60 days old and have at least 50 followers and 100 status updates. (Status updates = number of tweets you did.)
Here is a video which will show you how Sponsored Tweets works.
To sign up with Sponsored Tweets(IZEA) and start making money today, click the banner below.
What should you tweet?
The most important element in your success is “What should you tweet? Twitter is all about community and engagement with others. You cannot tweet about your product or business 100%, your followers will get bored and un-followed you. You should only advertise between once every 20 to 50 tweets.
Here are some examples of what is popular.
- Celebrity Gossips – in this example there are 1.4K retweets and 1.9K likes.
2. Witty tweets – something witty, 2.3K retweets and 1.7k likes.3. Interesting photos – 4K retweets and 7.8k likes
Celebrity is the most popular topic and they get readers attention easily. Following are witty quotes, latest news, and funny pictures or videos. You can do your own research and see which topic you like.
If you don’t know what to do, you could always copy others – but don’t copy exactly. You know what I mean? Success will come when you have more followers. People will follow you when they like your tweets.
Here is a book which will give you more details on how to make money with Twitter.
Setting up your profile
You need to set up your profile properly. Have a nice photo (400 x 400 px) of you and also a Header Photo (1500 x 500 px) which relates to what you do. Besides, you need to add hashtags to your interests so other people could find you using the hashtags. Here is an example.
How to get more followers
There are many ideas on how we should get more followers. Some say you should buy followers and some say don’t. Some say you should follow people interested in your niche, and some say just follow anyone. I have few suggestions.
- When you are starting out, just follow as many people as possible. Don’t worry about what are their interest or their background. Until you have a few thousand followers then you can be a little bit more picky. The more people you followed and more people will follow back.
- Follow people in your own interest using the hashtag#, e.g. #poem, #politics, #makemoney, and type in the “Search Twitter” box on the top right-hand corner.
- Follow people who have lots of followers. If they like your tweet, you will become popular very soon. Also, you can follow their followers.
Improve your tweet skill
While you are building up the number of followers, you can learn to improve your skill. Keep tweeting and you can try different contents every day and see what works best. With more followers, there will be more retweets and likes on your tweets.
Tools for Twitter
There are couples of tools you can use to help you follow and unfollow, also to schedule tweet/post for a certain time of the day. Please refer to my other post – The Best Times To Post On Social Media. which will help you maximize your effort because there are certain times in a day which people are more active?
- Crowdfire – www.crowdfire.com – you use this program to help you follow and unfollow people. You can use it as a free software with limited function.
2. Hootsuite – www.hootsuite.com – use this to schedule your tweets. You can also use this application for Facebook, Google+ and other social media.
Do’s and don’ts of Twitter
- Include your website URL in you profile
- Build a personality with your tweets
- Try to include image to get more attention
- Response to other people’s question when you have time
- Try to return favour if someone retweeted your tweet
- You don’t have to follow back everyone who followed you
- Don’t use too many #hashtags, max 3
- Don’t follow more than 200 people a day, otherwise Twitter might suspense your account
You want to make money with Twitter, you have to be patient. Building a business with Twitter is like building a house, you have to do it one brick at a time. Day by day you slowly increase the number of followers, then one day you will start to see the result.